Cosplay Contest Thoughts | Discussion

Cosplay Contest Thoughts | Discussion

Hey guys! It's Julia!

Today I wanted to share my thoughts on Cosplay Contests! This will be mostly, if not all, positive. I love cosplay and entering contests, so let's begin!

At a local Mini Day-Con, I have entered the cosplay contest two years in a row. The first year as Link, from the video game series, The Legend of Zelda. The second year, (last year) I entered as Rose Quartz from the cartoon, Steven Universe. I have a lot of fun every single time I enter, and they get better every year!

One of my favorite reasons to enter, is because I can talk to new people. I remember the first year, I talked to this nice lady in a beautiful cosplay. (I don't remember who she said she was.) We talked about ordering/making cosplays and I turned her hand a light shade blue with my badly colored sword. (It was permanent marker, Haha.) She then told me, "Never color wigs with permanent markers because it will look like someone stabbed you in the neck. I speak from experience." The next year, I met some people cosplaying as some awesome Undertale characters. (Dead Sans and Monster Kid to be exact.) And some fans of Steven Universe. While we were in line, we sang the striped sweater song from Spongebob Squarepants.

Another awesome reason to enter, is to learn about cosplay. Last year, after the contest, they offered to give the cosplayers their score sheets. I wanted to get mine but they were packed with the cosplayers and I just left it. Also, the cosplayers there can inspire you to make new cosplays and can give you some tips. You can even get some acting practice!

I could go on and on about the many reasons to enter. But my main point is, even if your a beginner or your cosplay isn't as detailed as others. That does NOT mean you should not enter. You should definitely enter! It will help you be more confident and help your cosplay. My friend entered, and she was really shy. But she did a whole speech on stage! I was so impressed! 

Thanks for reading!
-Julia
Enjoy my Cat! (Pitter)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JC's introduction

Posing Tips for Cosplay Photos | Tutorial

Kagamine Rin! | New Cosplay!